01 September 2014

On to Moscow! - Panzerkampfwagen II

As I pretty much like anything WW2 (and especially German) related I decided to start a little early war side project. I was pondering about doing the desert war with the nice Artizan range of figures but as my local dealer had some of the rather nice 'Blitzkrieg Germans' from Warlord Games I went for those. On the plus side I can use my Soviets as opponents and only need to do some early war reinforcements like maybe a BA-6 and/ or BT-10...



As a start I did a Panzerkampfwagen II which is one of my favourite tanks of the period.


This also is an Warlord kit and despite having some prejudices concerning their product quality I was pretty surprised it went together a treat.


The details are crisp and only some flash in between the road wheels had to be removed. Unfortunately the rear right track guard broke off but Warlord are hardly to be blamed for my clumsy fingers.


As always I tried not to get carried away with the weathering and I think this time I did quite well. The Panzergrey is maybe a tad too bright but an almost black brick on the table doesn't look too impressive, right?

Thanks for watching and hope you enjoyed!

15 comments:

  1. That is a superb piece of work! Have the folks at Warlord seen this...? You should be more widely recognised for your talent and effort in making their models look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bluegrey u use! Superb painting! Really nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Mike's comment - you should throw it up on the Warlord Forum if you haven't already done this. Absolutely fantastic rust-effects and weathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colors, dirt, chipping, mud...it's all perfect! Wonderful early war model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work..... i realy like the early war stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done.
    I also have had quality issues with their stuff previously, but the recent Chi-Ha I did was a lovely model and very easy to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning bit of modelling there Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb job on the chipping and other weathering! It really is looking very very realistic with those

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Nick! These early panzers are some of my favourites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa ... fantastic work on the tracks! Thumbs up ... nay ... two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that vehicle and all of your painted stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb painting on this and have to agree with you on the lighter Panzer grey being more visually pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Panzer grey looks great to me, as does the weathering. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent work, love the rust effect!

    ReplyDelete